Network Engineer Lead
Information Technology (IT)
Posts Responsible to:
IT Operations Manager
The Network Engineer is accountable to the overall quality and performance of the Networks. He/she is in charge ensuring networks are always available, reliable and secure.
Key Accountabilities/Primary Responsibilities:
- Oversees the administration and maintenance of the company's infrastructure, and directs IT team members and/or external vendors.
- Enhances network security, as well as documenting network processes and cabling layouts.
- Manages the security of the network and IT resources.
- Manages resources to ensure adequate cover for both day to day BAU workload and project delivery.
- Delivers robust, efficient and professional operational IT service to key stakeholders.
- Manages the infrastructure elements of the IT project pipeline and monitors on-going progress against plan to ensure delivery on time and within budget.
- Maintains documentation of systems, maps, procedures, user and technical information.
- Reviews and responds to out of hours' critical text alerts as required.
- Manages the network equipment and services, servers (physical and virtual), network storage devices, network communications equipment.
- Manages the company's internet & VPN connectivity and services: connection to general internet and specific external resources, including Microsoft Azure.
- Designs and deploys company LANs, WANs, and wireless networks, including servers, routers, firewalls, load balancers hubs, switches, UPSs, and other hardware.
- Configures, tests, and maintains LAN/WAN equipment and related services.
- Identifies, diagnoses, and resolves network problems.
- Selects and implements security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company's security team.
- Architects, creates, manages and maintains Network, Server and PC health for clients (as defined by SLA).
- Monitors and maintains all levels of network security internally and externally.
- Creates and maintains comprehensive documentation for all implemented networks.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements
- 3+ working experience as a Network Engineer
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science, Engineering or similar relevant field.
- Cisco certifications, CCNA, CCNP or CCIE
- In depth knowledge of TCP/IP.
- Hands on experience with equipment from Cisco, Dell, HP, etc.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Analytical, data driven problem solver.
To apply for this vacancy, please send your updated CV to the following email address: [email protected]